The following information has been extracted from Newcourt's Repertorium Vols 1 and 2.
Thomas Thorpe was collated to the Rectory of Thorley on 24 September 1393.
In 1401 he exchanged the Rectory of Thorley for that of St Mary's, Fairsted in Essex, where he was instituted as Rector on 18 April of that year. On the same day his predecessor at Fairsted, John Berton, who had been collated Rector there on 30 October 1400, became Rector of Thorley in his place.
Later in his clerical career, Thomas was, on 28 November 1431, instituted as Rector of St Mary's, Great Leighs (then Lees Magna) in Essex.
Return to St James' Rectors